Well my lovelies, things are about to get a little bit of a shake-up on this blog as of later this week. The Husband and I are off on holidays in a few days and will be spending the next five or so weeks in Italy, Paris and London, via HongKong! I’ll be taking along my trusty lap-top (grumblings of unhappiness about this from the blokey corner of the room) and will be doing my best to keep you up to date with pictures and commentary on our travels. It’s almost like taking you on holidays with us! (More grumbles.)
There is also another minor change in the wind as my favourite kitchen-ware supplier, Everten Online, contributes some of their latest kitchen and bakeware products for me to offer my readers as prizes. Keep your eyes on these pages over the next few weeks as I will have some very special products available for you to win, with very little effort on your part!
In the meantime, I wanted to share my breakfast with you. Well – not literally, of course. My fondness for peanuts combined with chocolate led me to create this Chocolate Peanut spread and the use of salted peanuts gives a hint of the salty/sweet contrast I love . I made mine in the Thermomix (I know, again), but it would be just as easy to do with an ordinary food processor and a double boiler, although it may not be quite as smooth. It would be worth using icing sugar if you don’t have a Thermomix as this will combine more smoothly. I love it on hot croissants or crumpets, where it goes all melty, but my kids enjoy it on hot waffles or pancakes. If it was softened in the microwave it would also make a lovely frosting for cakes and I’m sure you could think of plenty of other ways to enjoy it.
- 50 gms caster sugar (use icing sugar if using normal food processor)
- 60 gms salted, roasted peanuts
- 100 gms 70% chocolate
- 25 gms cocoa
- 70 gms soft butter (NOT margarine)
- 80 gms milk
- Thermomix Instructions
- Place sugar in bowl & pulverise for 10 seconds, speed 8.
- Add peanuts & chocolate and grind for 10-15 seconds, speed 8. Scrape down.
- Add butter and milk and cook for 6 minutes, 50C, speed 3.
- Whizz for 20 seconds, speed 5 or until completely smooth.
- Processor Instructions
- Grind sugar, chocolate and nuts together until mixture as smooth as possible.
- Melt butter and milk together over medium heat, add chocolate mixture and stir until combined and smooth.
- Cool slightly, then return to processor and whizz until as smooth as possible.
- Store in refrigerator.
Lamb's Ears and Honey | A food Blog ♥