EXCITING NEWS – Announcing the Launch of Food Bloggers Australia!

by Amanda McInerney on 16/11/2012

Well, it’s all been “head down, tail up” here as I tidy up after the massive event that was Eat Drink Blog 2012 and cope with the unpredictable drama that resulted from my son’s tonsillectomy (two haemorrhages, one ambulance ride to emergency, one car ride to emergency, one round of emergency surgery to halt the bleeding and a total of 4 admissions to 2 hospitals all in 12 days around the conference).  However, there was one other thing that I was working on with Jennifer from Delicieux which kept me very busy indeed, but which I am now so proud to announce – the launch of a brand new online community resource for Australian food bloggers – Food Bloggers Australia.

Jennifer Schmidt, of the lovely food blog Delicieux, and I put our heads together over a few telephone conversations in regard to this and decided to take the plunge and put together the first and only national Australian food blogging community – and Food Bloggers Australia was born.

The beauty of the internet is that it is not subject to what is a significant issue for all Australians – the tyranny of distance.  In creating this online facility we want to build a  friendly, central place for bloggers to introduce themselves, connect, share knowledge and make new friends within the Australian food blogging community.   Food Bloggers Australia will provide an encouraging, welcoming space for for Australian food bloggers of all levels. Here they can access up to date resources, take advantage of member-only events, competitions and discounts, as well as network and learn, not only from each other, but from experts in the various areas of interest to all food bloggers.

The face of food blogging in Australia, as in the rest of the world, is changing with more food-related businesses now coming to see food bloggers as another arm of mainstream media. By creating a professional, co-operative and responsible community we will become a credible and reliable voice in food-related matters nationally.  By banding together we will  also offer a central point of contact for Australian food/beverage businesses who are increasingly looking to dependable, trusted food bloggers to help communicate information on their products.

Jennifer and I are excited about this new community and we sincerely hope all of our Australian food blogging friends will be too.  Membership to FBA is free for bloggers and we can promise you a friendly welcome, encouragement, opportunities and the best relevant information available at all times – join us here!

• No Related Posts

Lizzy (Good Things) November 16, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Well done! Goes without saying, I’m in!

Kimberley @ Fruit Salad & Mixed Veg November 16, 2012 at 1:04 pm

How exciting! This will be a great chance to connect with other food bloggers and learn.

Can you please confirm that my surname will be kept confidential. I note it is a mandatory field in signing up. Thanks.

Amanda McInerney November 16, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Members names will not be publicly displayed on the site.

Hotly Spiced November 17, 2012 at 10:14 am

You certainly have been busy and with your son’s admission to hospital and all the drama that ensued, all I can say is, ‘It never rains it pours’ xx

Maureen | Orgasmic Chef November 17, 2012 at 10:18 am

I admire both you and Jennifer so much. Anything you two have a hand in, I want to be a part of. Thanks for all the hard work and I’m so glad your son is on the mend — finally.

My Kitchen Stories November 17, 2012 at 10:29 am

Well Amanda its a wonder you were even standing at the EDB. What a hectic time you’ve had. Thank fully your son is OK. Thanks for all the work and creating a place we can visit and meet and hear all about each other

Grant Nowell November 17, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Great work I’m sure it will be received with much excitement

InTolerant Chef November 17, 2012 at 8:43 pm

Oh you poor things, I hope your son is recovering well and you can relax a little.
What an awesome idea indeed! You guys are amazing!

Lau@corridorkitchen November 20, 2012 at 11:13 am

I thought there already was a google group for this reason. It has 262 members…

I guess this is the next step?

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella November 22, 2012 at 4:30 pm

It’s a great initiative. I hope it does really well and helps bloggers out :)

cityhippyfarmgirl December 6, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Amanda that is exciting news! Well done, that’s fantastic being a part of getting that up and going.

Martine @ Chompchomp December 16, 2012 at 8:40 am

Excellent initiative Amanda! Thanks from all of us!

Somalikitchen February 1, 2013 at 3:58 pm

Well done from us at http://www.somalikitchen.com. We write African recipes from Somalia in Melbourne!