Some people seem to think there’s not much to do in Adelaide in the winter time and the cold weather certainly persuades lots of us to hunker down of an evening. But, with the help of Hilton Adelaide, I’d like to encourage you to poke your nose out the door and check out what is happening – even in the dead of winter – in Adelaide over the next month or two.
Far from being a sleepy backwater in winter time, Adelaide has plenty to attract both locals and those from further afield and it won’t be hard to think of a good reason to spend a night in town. You could take some ballroom dancing lessons, check out the Australian Dance Theatre or go to the ballet. The Adelaide International Guitar Festival is coming up in July and is a massive four day feast for axe aficionados of all types or you might like to take in an exhibition, exercise your credit card at the markets, spend an hour of two at the National Wine Centre or indulge with dinner, enjoying some wonderful South Australian food and wine safe in the knowledge that you won’t have to drive home.
You can make Adelaide your oyster for a weekend , discovering a whole new bunch of secrets, if you win this great prize. The stylish Adelaide Hilton is located right in the heart of the city, a short stroll from all of the entertainment, shopping and dining precincts. Their restaurant, The Brasserie, boasts a wonderful South Australian menu with culinary inspiration provided by our best local and regional providores, farmers, growers and suppliers and the newly refurbished Collins Bar is home to an extensive list of bespoke cocktails. And if you need any help working out just what you want to do while in town, just head straight to The Adelaide City Council What’s On page or Glam Adelaide for comprehensive details of every little thing that’s happening.
It’s simple to enter, too. Just tell me what you’d like to do or see in Adelaide this winter and subscribe to Lambs’ Ears and Honey by filling in your email address in the box above, in the right hand column. Use the Rafflecopter link below to enter and check out the simple options for extra entries.
Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is open to Australian residents only and will be drawn on Monday 14 July, 2014.
2. Log in to enter, using the entry form in the link below, and click on each task to view the instructions.
3. The first two tasks are mandatory and must be completed to enter the competition. Subsequent tasks are optional, but will gain you more entries, thus more opportunity to be a winner.
4. Any entries which do not complete the mandatory tasks WILL NOT be included in the draw.
5. I have ONE night for two people, including breakfast, at the Adelaide Hilton to give away to 1 lucky reader.
6. The winner will be drawn at random.
7. The winner will be notified by email and their name will be posted here. They must reply within 48 hours or the competition will be redrawn.