Without further ado – the Lambs’ Ears Monthly Cookbook Club pick for May is Justine Schofield’s “The Slow Cook”!
Well – it’s almost May and time for a new cookbook. But not quite. I’m sharing the monthly cookbook club selection a wee bit early from now on, as we have a few international members who will need extra time to source the books. Without faffing around, I’ll get right to the point – the monthly cookbook club for May is a brand new one, Justine Schofield’s “The Slow Cook” (RRP $39.99, but only $29.50 using this link).
Justine has made a hugely successful career around food, beginning with her debut on the first Australian series of Masterchef. She’s now the host of the television program Everyday Gourmet, and is the author of three previous cookbooks.
Justine has a well-earned reputation for simple but elegant food and her new cookbook hits the shelves just in time for comfort food weather. With 80 modern and delicious slow cooked recipes, we’ll all have pots full of hearty, warming and heartwarming family meals bubbling away in no time.
“The Slow Cook” has a range that includes tagines, pot roasts, curries, casseroles and desserts – and all recipes include conventional stovetop or oven instructions, as well as those for slow cooker machines. (And if you haven’t bought one of the new breed of slow cookers, may I suggest you do so pronto. I use mine all the time.)
Are you new to Lambs’ Ears Monthly Cookbook club?
Just a refresher on our rules for everyone –
- Don’t begin posting from the new book until the first of each month (that means there’s still heaps of time to keep baking from our April selection, Belinda Jeffrey’s divine “Mix & Bake“).
- Post your images in the Lambs’ Ears Cookbook Club Facebook group, with any notes or opinions.
- I’d really love you to post your pictures on Instagram too – please use the hashtag #lambsearscookbookclub to make them easy to find.
- Please don’t stress about the quality of your images. We’re all here for fun, not judgement.
- Please don’t share images of the recipes, just pictures of your own dishes. We really don’t want to infringe any copyright regulations.
- And tell all your friends! The Lambs’ Ears monthly cookbook club has grown hugely in the last month, but we’ve always got more room for sharing the cookbook love.
You can buy Justine Schofield’s “The Slow Cook” at good bookstores, or online at Booktopia. (If purchased via the link on this page I receive a small percentage of the price.)[mc4wp_form id="16750"]