Well the Christmas tree has been packed away, the holidays are over, the kids are back in school, January is almost done and we are all back to the grind. But just when you thought there wasn’t anything to look forward to Adelaide’s Cellar Door Festival pops up from 20-22 February 2015 – in just a few weeks! I’ve been diligently carrying out my very happy duties as one of the social media ambassadors for the festival and last night, along with the rest of the gang, we had enormous fun with two of the chefs who are holding the Meet, Make & Eat sessions at the event.
A fantastic experience for the keen cook, at these sessions Adelaide Convention Centre Executive Chef Tze Khaw, Botanic Gardens Restaurant Head Chef Paul Baker and Executive Chef at The Topiary, Kane Pollard, will be guiding very small groups through a private cooking class, after which the participants get to sit down and enjoy the fruits of their labour with some fine South Australian wines and beers.
Not wanting to let us off too lightly, the social media ambassadors were split into two teams and pitted against each other in a fight to – well, really just a fight to the table. My friend Rebecca Sullivan of Dirty Girl Kitchen and I were nominated as captains and, with a glass or two of wine and an Executive Chef each, our teams turned out some pretty amazing dishes. (Check out my Instagram feed for some mouthwatering images.) Once finished cooking we sat down to enjoy our work, along with a group of media who judged our culinary efforts. The final results were close, but I’m proud to say that the winning dish of Proscuitto Wrapped Figs with Goats Cheese was produced by me and team mate Mark Gamtcheff of Baker Marketing.
The Meet, Make & Eat sessions will be held on both the Saturday and Sunday of the Cellar Door Festival and must be booked, so be quick as places are filling fast.
Now, for the prizes – I have three double general admission passes to the Cellar Door Festival to give away to three lucky readers. The Cellar Door Festival is unique in that it offers the opportunity for you to visit all of South Australia’s wine regions under the one roof. To enter, simply log in below and leave a comment telling me which is your favourite South Australian wine region and why. If you want to have more chances to win, just follow the instructions below.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This competition is open to Australian residents only.
2. The competition opens today, 30 January 2015 and closes on Thursday 12 February 2015.
3. Log in to enter, using the entry form below, and click on each task to view the instructions. The first task is mandatory and must be completed to enter the competition – and I will check. Subsequent tasks are optional, but will gain you more entries, thus more opportunity to be a winner.
4. Make sure you record your entry to be counted.
5. I have 3 double general admission passes to Adelaide’s Cellar Door Wine Festival to give away.
6. Three lucky winners will be drawn at random.
7. The winners will be notified by email and their names will be posted here. Winners must reply within 48 hours or the prize will be redrawn.