Tom's Fennel Salad
If serving with fish, use the lemon juice in the dressing, but if serving with meat you can use 1 1/2 Tbsp of white balsamic vinegar instead.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 4 -6 serves
- 2 fennel bulbs thinly shaved using a mandolin
- 2 Lebanese short cumbers, thinly shaved, lengthways, with a mandolin
- 1 handfull fresh dill roughly chopped
- 2 large handfulls flat-leaf parsley leaves coarsely chopped
- 1 handfull fresh mint leaves
- 100 gms 3 1/2 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- juice of 2 lemons
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 50 gms 1 3/4 oz, 1/3 cup pine nuts toasted
Put the fennel, cucumber, dill, parsley and mint into a large bowl and toss gently to combine.
Add the feta and toss gently using your hands.
Put the lemon juice and olive oil in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
Pour the dressing over the salad, season with salt and gently mix through using your hands.
Scatter the pine nuts over the top.