A gorgeous, summery, zesty, dessert tart that comes together quickly and will please everyone.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
- 1 cup 140 gms brazil nuts
- 1/2 cup 50 gms dessicated coconut
- 1/3 cup 70 gms medjool dates, chopped
- 2/3 cup 90 gms raw cashews, soaked for 1-2 hours
- 1 medium avocado about 120gm flesh
- pinch of salt
- seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- 1/3 cup 80 mls agave nectar
- 1 tsp lime zest plus extra for garnish
- 2/3 cup 160 mls lime juice or lime/lemon combined
- 1/3 cup 80 mls coconut oil
Grease 4 individual tartlet pans or one 23 cm fluted pan.
For the base, place all ingredients in the food processor and blend until you can pinch the mixture together and it sticks. Press firmly into the pan and refridgerate for at least one hour.
For the filling blend all the ingredients, except the lime juice and coconut oil, in a food processor until very smooth and creamy.
Melt the coconut oil.
Gradually pour the lime juice and then the coconut oil into the processor while the motor is still running.
Pour over the crust and refridgerate for at least 3 hours, or place in the freezer for 1 hour.