Chocolate Cheesecake with Cocoa Nib Cream
A wickedly rich chocolate cheesecake that is bound to impress anyone who is lucky to get some. Don't forget the cocoa nibs - they give an added dimension with their crunch.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time50 mins
Total Time1 hr 5 mins
Servings: 8 -10
- 2 x 150 gm pkts Oreo biscuits or similar
- 125 gm unsalted butter melted then cooled
- 250 gm cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 cups 500 gm mascarpone
- 1/3 cup 75 gm caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup 50 gm cocoa
- 100 gm dark chocolate melted then cooled
- 1 Tbs chocolate liqueur optional
- 1 cup 120 gm cocoa nibs, plus extra to serve
- 300 ml thickened cream lightly whipped
Grease and line 24cm springform cake pan.
Whizz biscuits in processor to fine crumbs. Add butter, pulse to combine, then press into the base of the cake pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 170C.
Wipe out processor (no need to wash). Place cream cheese, mascarpone and caster sugar in machine, whizz to combine. Add eggs, combine, then add cocoa, chocolate and liqueur. Process until smooth. Add half the cocoa nibs, pulse to combine, then spread filling over chilled biscuit base.
Bake 45-50 minutes until cake is firm to the touch, but slightly wobbly. Turn off oven and cool cheesecake in oven with door ajar. Chill for 2-3 hours or overnight before serving.
Fold remaining cocoa nibs into whipped cream. Pile on top of cheesecake and serve sprinkled with extra nibs.